4. Embarking on treatment
Following your consultation, you can take as much time as you need to decide if you would like to go ahead with treatment. Whatever your choice, we will do our best to provide all the advice and support to help you make your decision.
To help your treatment go well and preserve the health of your teeth we ask that:
- You co-operate with treatment and wear any appliances or elastics as directed
- You keep all scheduled appointments, or cancel them with at least 24 hours’ notice
- You endeavour to arrive on time for your appointments
- You contact us immediately if you have any problems with your braces, or think they are broken or damaged in any way
- You do not tamper with your braces or attempt to adjust them at home as this can be dangerous
- You keep your teeth, gums and braces clean during treatment. This is essential for the long-term health of your mouth. Effective brushing should be carried out after every meal. (See our information on brace care for more details).
- You continue to see your dentist for regular review appointments as usual
If you have problems please contact the practice as soon as possible by phone or email. We can give you advice over the phone or arrange an emergency appointment if necessary.
Please do not come to the practice without an appointment as we are unable to accommodate unexpected patients.