Our experienced team are passionate about orthodontics and getting you the very best result from treatment. Working at Queensway Orthodontics, we're comfortable in the clinic environment and want to ensure you are too, even if it's your first time experiencing orthodontic treatment. To help make you feel at home and relaxed at Queensway Orthodontics, here is what you can expect throughout your treatment journey with us.
We know visiting the dentist can make people a little nervous, which is why we always try our best to make you feel at home and relaxed at Queensway Orthodontics. Here is what you can expect throughout your treatment journey with us.
1. Free consultation
To kick start your orthodontic treatment journey, we are pleased to offer you a complimentary, no-obligation consultation with a specialist orthodontist and treatment coordinator. This appointment is designed to help you find out more about how you may benefit from orthodontics, your appliance options and the cost of treatment.
2. Treatment plan
After an appointment with the specialist orthodontist, you will be given a comprehensive treatment plan with an all-inclusive quotation - there are no hidden charges. Our fees cover all aspects of orthodontic care from start to finish. This includes the essential period once the braces are removed when we will look after you for a further two years.
3. Medical history
At your initial appointment, once you have checked in at reception you will be asked to fill in some forms relating to your medical and dental history. To allow for this, please try to arrive 10-15 minutes early. This will also give you a chance to look at some of the photographs of patients who have already finished their treatment.
4. Embarking on treatment
Following your visit you can take as much time as you need to decide if you would like to go ahead with treatment. Whatever your choice, we will do our best to provide all the advice and support to help you make your decision.
To help your treatment go well and preserve the health of your teeth we ask that:
- You co-operate with treatment and wear any appliances or elastics as directed
- You keep all scheduled appointments, or cancel them with at least 24 hours’ notice
- You endeavour to arrive on time for your appointments
- You contact us immediately if you have any problems with your braces, or think they are broken or damaged in any way
- You do not tamper with your braces or attempt to adjust them at home as this can be dangerous
- You keep your teeth, gums and braces clean during treatment. This is essential for the long-term health of your mouth. Effective brushing should be carried out after every meal. (See our information on brace care for more details).
- You continue to see your dentist for regular review appointments as usual
If you have problems please contact the practice as soon as possible by phone or email. We can give you advice over the phone or arrange an emergency appointment if necessary.
Please do not come to the practice without an appointment as we are unable to accommodate unexpected patients.